On August 15, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services announced 105 groups that were awarded Navigator Grants, a set of organizations tasked with helping consumers through the ACA enrollment process. Navigators have a vital role in helping consumers enroll in coverage through the health insurance marketplaces and potentially qualify for an insurance affordability program. They also provide outreach and education to raise awareness about the insurance marketplace.
Navigators are required to maintain expertise in eligibility, enrollment, and program specifications. They must:
- Conduct public education activities to raise awareness about the health insurance marketplace
- Provide information and services in a fair, accurate, and impartial manner
- Facilitate selection of a Qualified Health Plan
Introducing Mobile Commons Enroll for Navigators
Mobile Commons Enroll for Navigators is an out-of-the-box text messaging solution to help educate the uninsured about the new health insurance marketplaces and drive enrollment.
Text messaging is the best way to reach everyone, no matter their income level. There are over 326 million mobile subscribers in the US sending over 6 billion messages a day. What’s more, the at-risk populations that are most in need of health insurance send a disproportionate number of those texts.
Combining the in-person experience of a Navigator with the ongoing education via text message is the best way to ensure you don’t lose touch with the people in your community before they enroll in an insurance plan.
Mobile Commons Enroll for Navigators includes special features and pricing just for Navigators in federally-facilitated and state-partnership marketplaces
How it Works
- Outreach: People sign up to learn about health insurance via text message. You can reach new people by adding simple instructions to your flyers, social media, website, and during community events.
- Education: Subscribers receive text messages about health insurance marketplaces. Mobile Commons provides the text message content, which can be customized for your brand and target population(s).
- Enrollment: Starting October 1, subscribers get alerts about open enrollment deadlines. You can send instructions about how to enroll online, over the phone, or in-person.
Get started reaching out to your target populations – providing them the valuable information they need in advance of the October launch. Together, we can help people live healthier lives.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start educating your community about health insurance today.
Schedule a Demo