For the past month, we’ve been working on an exciting event that we’re finally ready to announce! On June 3rd, in New York, Mobile Commons will be partnering with Organizing 2.0, Democracy in Action and the Metro New York Labor Communications Council for a full day training on using of mobile for organizing, with a special focus on the labor movement and unions.
We will have experienced practitioners join us for sessions where they’ll share their expertise, experience and tips for using mobile strategically to advance organizing goals.
Topics at “Mobile-ize, Organize & Unionize” will include (but not be limited to):
- Overview of the sector: progressive organizing with mobile phone technology today
- Software training
- Managing your mobile data in coordination with other databases/CRM’s
- Integration with Salsa & Convio
- Using Keywords, Opting In, Broadcasts, Groups, mConnects
- Targeting, Pingbacks, Link Shortening, mobile web optimization
- Opt-in forms, click to call, auto-population of fields
- Advanced tips/tricks
- Unions using mobile – case studies
- Community organizing with mobile – case studies
- List-building basics, Call-in campaigns, Interactive campaigns, Rapid response, Crowd building, Day-of event plans
- Internal voting
- Local vs. National
- Advanced list-building strategies
You can check out a full description at the Organizing 2.0 site and register there too. Spaces are limited, so be sure to reserve as soon as you can.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email Rachel@MobileCommons.com.
See you on June 3rd!