Live events bring together your most passionate supporters. But what happens when the conference is over, and everyone leaves the convention center?
With mobile messaging, you can transform your one-day event into a lifelong relationship. Keep attendees engaged by adding interactive elements to your conference or meeting. Then, ask people to continue the mobile relationship – and build a list of your most dedicated fans.
Register now for our webinar on “Love Your List: 5 Tips for a Successful Mobile Relationship,” on Wednesday, February 27, at 3:00 PM EST. We’ll walk you through the best ways to build and nurture your mobile list.
- Keep Attendees Informed about Speakers & Sessions: Create a timed schedule that will text out updates about speakers, meals and conference sessions. Anybody who joins can then opt in to your full list!
- Turn Event Downtime into Interactive Q&A:During event downtime, use signs or screens to ask attendees interactive questions. When they text in, they can join your list.
- Offer a Prize: Who isn’t entranced by the siren song of free swag? Offer a prize to one lucky texter! You’ll encourage everyone at the event to sign up.
- Cut out the Paperwork! You may already be planning to gather people’s names and addresses. Rather than dealing with paperwork and forms, use text messaging. You’ll save yourself a lot of hassle.
- Use Text-to-Screen to Engage Attendees – And Gain Contacts: Keep people engaged by asking them to text in their opinions – and immediately projecting the results.
- Follow Up with Surveys and Polls: Once people have left the event, you can follow up with surveys and polls. Text message surveys make it easy for attendees to respond, and keep data in an easy-to-parse format.
Our clients have had phenomenal success interweaving mobile messaging throughout their events.DoSomething.org integrated texting into its annual awards show; WNYC keeps New Yorkers informed about summer concerts; and community foundations engage local activists.
Examples of How Text Messaging Works Well with Live Events
- How Community Foundations Use Text Messages to Engage Citizens – and Conference Goers
- DoSomething.org Integrates Text Messaging Throughout Its Annual Awards
- Celebrate the Summer with Event Information Texts from WNYC
- 1,000 Parties, 60 Thousand Voters – Brought Together by Text Message
- Mobile Commons at the Stanford Mobile Health 2012 Conference
- National Alliance for Hispanic Health Uses Health Screenings for List Building
- The Jewish Community Federation & Endowment Fund Turned a One-Day Event into a Lasting Member Relationship
- St. Jude Used an Annual Training Seminar to Build a Mobile List of Their Most Passionate Advocates